Facts about Shelter
- Over 1 billion people are living in unsafe and impoverished living conditions.
- 5 to 7 people live in a 10x10 one room shack. (with no adult privacy)
- The structural quality is very poor and dangerous in most thatch and clay homes.
- The WHO estimates that nearly 2 million people in developing countries die from indoor air pollution/inadequate ventilation.
- Poor housing means that diseases spread more rapidly.
- We provide suitable eco-friendly housing for orphans, vulnerable children and families living in poverty.
- We teach residents how to work together and build homes, access safe water and employ proper hygiene/sanitation practices.
- As we improve living conditions we reduce the time burden of women and children enabling them to attend school and minimize the spread of communicable diseases, kidnapping and rape.
You Can Change A Life
- Become a monthly contributor, By contributing you will do the following; control overcrowded living situations, build sustainable houses and ensuring safe living conditions are being provided for orphans/vulnerable children and their families.
Give Your Support Today
- Donate a days worth of pay towards housing development.
- Make a Donation, Your contribution will save lives and restore dignity. It will make a huge difference in a child's life. Become a monthly contributor today.
- Host a campaign to raise funds to support shelter for orphans/vulnerable children and poor families in a remote village in Africa.
- 100% of your contribution brings hope to a poor family or orphan/vulnerable child in the countries that we support.